So, this past cruise!
In Fort Lauderdale, I was unable to get off because we had to sanitize the entire ship from top to bottom and then weren’t allowed to reboard the ship until after 1pm and I work at 1pm, which was a bit of a bummer, but I used the time to have a nice long chat with both parents instead.
We were in Half Moon Cay on the 15th and I went straight over to an encounter with the sting rays, which was pretty neat. Unfortunately, the water was quite chilly and I kept being afraid I’d step on the sting rays so I was a little hesitant but feeding them squid was pretty epic and we still got a nice experience. After that, I walked along the beach for a bit and then hung out with some staff.
This cruise, we went to all three of the Dutch Antilles/ABC islands so our first stop was Aruba. There, I did a snorkel excursion where we snorkeled first on a reef and then on a wreck, which was super cool! No pictures today but I’m pretty sure Katie, my roomie, did the same one and she’s got an underwater camera so I’m gonna see if I can’t get her pictures since it’s, at heart, the same thing. I also met some wonderful people! One of the couples even had an only 2 degree of separation from me through Jimmer Fredette (local Glens Falls reference). Anyway, I had a ball.
Then we went to Bonaire, which was only our second time there. I ended up on another excursion, this one a bus trip around the island to some of the highlights. Our guide was from Philadelphia, there were a grand total of 8 passengers, myself and one of the Shore Excursion ladies, who is a good friend (we actually boarded the same day even if she’s been on ships longer). We had a ball and our driver was an eagle eye, as I mentioned in my picture post, spotting all sorts of wildlife and cool things. We saw wild donkeys, iguanas, birds, etc. It was actually a lot of fun.
After that, we were at Curacao where I was IPM but I hopped off for an hour to grab a couple presents I’d seen and not realized I needed to buy because we weren’t visiting Curacao this cruise. During that time, I got caught in an absolute downpour without a raincoat, but so did the entire island because it was their big Siinterclaus festival and they were all out in mass.
I finally got to do my Panama excursion on the 21st! I got the one I wanted too, so that morning, I hopped a tender over to shore and joined Bus 7, manned by Jill, our great guide, to head to the ferry that would take us through the two Pacific side locks down to the Pacific Ocean. As you can tell from my pictures, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. We went through 3 sets of locks, descending a total of 85 feet from Gatun Lake to the Pacific Ocean. We only got rained on a little bit and I was prepared this time! I got to touch the canal (as evidenced by the picture) and got lots of good photos and videos of the locks themselves which I will share more of at a later date.
We were in Costa Rica the next day and Gabriela had organized a ziplining tour with the same people from the cruise before. We had a blast! I don’t really have any good pictures of me this time but I think she got a couple good ones of me – or so she says, so I can hopefully snag them.
Today we were back in Fort Lauderdale to pick up my last load of passengers! I’m currently fighting a sore throat so cross your fingers for me I don’t get a cold my last cruise O.O
9 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment