Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Picture Post time! (Part 1 of 3)

I'll be doing more than one of these - especially since there will be one dedicated fully to a walk through of the library!  Let's start at the beginning, or well, 2 weeks in, since I did manage to get that initial batch up.

Dunedin's Rail Station
Inside the Opera House on my tour!
Down here are three of the five stages - the smaller stages and more experimental areas.

Front of the Opera House

Climbing down Mt. Manganui
Downtown Sydney and the Volendam from the pylons of the Sydney Harbor Bridge

Melbourne's main train station - I loved the architecture in this city!

More of Melbourne!  (pronounced Mel-bun)

Some of the gorgeous gardens in Christchurch!

Best picture evidence of the earthquake damage - they are still getting so many aftershocks they can't put things like the steeples back on buildings.

Typical New Zealand view!

Queen Charlotte Sound just outside Picton.

One of the bays in Queen Charlotte Sound from the bus.

Super tasty Greenlipped mussels, a local specialty!  I didn't take a picture when I tried the Blue Cod - the filet wasn't blue :P

Really intriguing tree just outside the sheep farm I visited - gives you some idea of the kind of weather they have to deal with!

Akaroa from the hills above - far side of the bay is the English side, closer bit is the French side.  The jetty that juts out is where the tenders came in and the ship itself is just out of sight on the right side of the picture.

Okay, I figure batches of more than about 15 are too long so we'll stop for now.  More in a day or so - 2 more batches of general pictures and then a walk through of the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment