For those who are interested, here’s the repositioning cruise schedule and any things of note:
When we start, due to DST in Australia/NZ, I will be 14 hours ahead of the east coast, so you can track my time zones.
Schedule:
4/10: Sydney (10pm departure)
4/11: Hour forward at 2pm
4/12: -
4/13: Noumea, New Caledonia (IPM)
4/14: Ils de Pins, New Caledonia
4/15: Easo, Lifou, New Caledonia
4/16: Hour forward at 2pm
4/17: Suva, Fiji (which should be interesting with all the flooding they’ve been having)
4/18: Hour forward at 2pm
4/19: Apia, Samoa (IPM)
4/20: -
4/21: Cross the Equator
4/22: Hour forward at 2pm
4/23 (part 1): Fanning Island, Kiribati
4/23 (part 2): Cross the International Dateline (lose 24 hours overnight)
4/24: -
4/25: Honolulu, Hawaii (US Coast Guard & Customs Inspection, so short shore leave)
4/26: Hilo, Hawaii
4/27: Hour forward at 2pm
4/28: -
4/29: Hour forward at 2pm
4/30: Hour forward at 2pm
5/1: -
5/2: Vancouver, Canada (Arrival: 7am. Expected departure from ship: ~10am, followed by a flight home at who-knows-when)
Totals:
8 ports (9 if you count Sydney)
14 sea days
1 repeated day
7 time changes (the 2pm time change is actually kind of awesome – one less hour of work each of those days!)
23 days total
23 days total
Moral of the story is that I will be very jetlagged and extra tired and probably won’t know my name by the time I make it back to Lake George, but I get to visit two more countries (albeit tiny ones) and another state (arguably the hardest to reach) so, in all, not too shabby, right? :)
As always, I’ll keep you updated throughout!
No comments:
Post a Comment